HeliBacon’s Robinson R44 helicopter was the optimal choice for our Texas Helicopter Hog Hunting expeditions and Aerial Machine Gun Experience! With supreme handling, a top cruising speed of 150 mph, extreme level of reliability and a an open cab, our R44 is sure to position you and our crew for the most memorable experience offered in Texas!
HeliBacon’s Robinson R44 Raven II
HeliBacon’s Robinson R44 helicopter was the optimal choice for our Texas Helicopter Hog Hunting expeditions and Aerial Machine Gun Experience! With supreme handling, a top cruising speed of 150 mph, extreme level of reliability and a an open cab, our R44 is sure to position you and our crew for the most memorable experience offered in Texas!… Still not convinced?
HeliBacon | 888-505-2981 | 6120 E. State Hwy 21 | Bryan, Texas 77808
HeliBacon’s Robinson R44 Raven II provides excellent reliability, tight responsive handling, and great altitude performance, making our chopper of choice perfectly suited for tearing up the Texas skies and putting lead on target.
Our R44 seats up to 4 occupants and provides passenger a nearly unobstructed view due to the cascading windows open design. HeliBacon chooses to fly the R44 because it was designed with the crew in mind. The low tail-rotor tip speed, a very capable muffler system, and the large cambered tail section decrease flight noise and yield a flight experience that allows for much needed passage to pilot communication when the heat is on and the pigs are moving.
Come to Texas and let us give you the ride of your life!
General R44 characteristics
- Crew: one or two pilots
- Capacity: four, including pilot
- Payload: 1,000 lb (453.5 kg)
- Length: 38 ft 3 in (8.96 m)
- Rotor diameter: 33 ft (10.1 m)
- Tail rotor diameter: 4 ft 10 in (1.5 m)
- Height: 10 ft 9 in (3.3 m)
- Empty weight: 1,450 lb (657.7 kg)
- Loaded weight: 2,500 lb (1,134 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming IO-540-AE1A5 6 cylinder, flat engine with fuel injection, 245 bhp (183 kW)
- Fuel: 100 low lead (100LL) fuel or 100/130.
- Main tank capacity: 31.6 US gallons (120 liters)
- Main tank usable fuel: 30.6 US gallons (116 liters)
- Auxiliary tank capacity: 18.5 US gallons (70 liters)
- Auxiliary tank usable fuel: 18.3 US gallons (69 liters)
- Maximum speed: 130 kn (240 km/h; 150 mph)
- Cruise speed: 110 kn (200 km/h; 130 mph)
- Range: 300 nmi (560 km; 350 mi)
- Fuel consumption: 15 US gallons (57 l) of Avgas per hour
- Altitude restrictions: 14,000 ft (4,300 m) density altitude or 9,000 ft (2,700 m) above ground level
HeliBacon maintains the R44 Raven II in top condition with Helicopter Services Inc, Houston’s very finest professional and dedicated maintenance facility. HSI is a Robinson certified service center, and HeliBacon fully complies with all FAA Airworthiness Directives and manufacturer recommended Service Bulletins. HeliBacon prides itself on the quality of care shown to the aircraft. If you are concerned about the condition of the aircraft, know that you’re in good hand with HeliBacon. Feel free to contact Mike Crossland with HSI for reference checks on HeliBacon’s standard of maintenance. We take quality aircraft maintenance very seriously and you should too!