HeliBacon’s Robinson R66 helicopter was the optimal choice for our Texas Helicopter Hog Hunting expeditions and Aerial Machine Gun Experience! With supreme handling, a top cruising speed of 125 mph, extreme level of reliability and an open cab, our R66 is sure to position you and our crew for the most memorable experience offered in Texas!
HeliBacon | 888-505-2981 | 6120 E. State Hwy 21 | Bryan, Texas 77808
HeliBacon’s Robinson 66 provides excellent reliability, tight responsive handling, and great altitude performance, making our chopper of choice perfectly suited for tearing up the Texas skies and putting lead on target. HeliBacon’s R66 is also a 2013 year model aircraft, meaning we are powered by a Rolls Royce RR300 Turbine engine and operate the newest turbine helicopter in the helicopter hog hunting industry.
Our R66 seats up to 4-5 occupants and provides passengers a nearly unobstructed view due to the cascading windows open design. HeliBacon chooses to fly the R66 because it was designed with the crew in mind.
Come to Texas and let us give you the ride of your life!
General R66 characteristics
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 3 passengers
- Weight Limit: 300lbs/Passenger
- Useful Payload: 1420 lbs
- Length: 29 ft 6 in (8.99 m)
- Width: 4 ft 10 in (1.47 m)
- Height: 11 ft 5 in (3.48 m)
- Empty weight: 1,290 lb (585 kg)
- Gross weight: 2,700 lb (1,225 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 73.6 US gallons (279 l)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rolls-Royce RR300 turboshaft, 224 shp (167 kW) continuous, 270 shp (200 kW) takeoff (5 minutes)
- Main rotor diameter: 33 ft (10 m)
- Tail rotor Diameter: 5 ft (1.52 m)\
- Cruise speed: 110 kn (127 mph; 204 km/h)
- Range: 350 nmi (403 mi; 648 km)
- Service ceiling: 14,000 ft (4,300 m)
- Rate of climb: 1,000 ft/min (5.1 m/s)
- Fuel Consumption: 23 US gallons (87 l) per hour
HeliBacon maintains the R66 in top condition with Helicopter Services Inc, Houston’s very finest professional and dedicated maintenance facility. HSI is a Robinson certified service center, and HeliBacon fully complies with all FAA Airworthiness Directives and manufacturer recommended Service Bulletins. HeliBacon prides itself on the quality of care shown to the aircraft. If you are concerned about the condition of the aircraft, know that you’re in good hands with HeliBacon. Feel free to contact Mike Crossland with HSI for reference checks on HeliBacon’s standard of maintenance. We take quality aircraft maintenance very seriously and you should too!